Our church began in 1871 when Mrs. Ira Woodin (the family for whom Woodinville is named) opened her home to hold Sunday School classes. When Woodinville built its first school in 1892, the Sunday School moved there, but in 1902, the people of Woodinville felt it was time to have a church building of their own. A Japanese family named Yamaoka donated some land to be used for a church on 175th Street, and the residents pitched in to build a two-story building. In 1910, the church was incorporated with the Methodist Episcopal Church, and then became officially chartered as Woodinville Methodist Episcopal Church.
In 1957, the congregation acquired the current property on 140th Avenue, and a church was built. By 1968, the church added an education wing, and the church name was changed to Woodinville Community United Methodist Church. In 1977, the congregation launched another building program-this time to build a new sanctuary and foyer, downstairs classrooms and fellowship hall with the desire to reach even more people for Jesus Christ.
We want to continue the vision for more people to come through our doors with a heartfelt desire to be devoted Christ-followers. We want to be a light in a dark world, sharing God's word in a way that is practical for changing people's lives, bringing healing and hope to those all who need it.